Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving

T'was the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned, the dark meat and white.
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

tossing and turning, with anticipation.
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door,
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey, and butters potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling, so plump and so round
'til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding, and a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell, as I soared past the trees,
Happy eating to all, pass the cranberries please.

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,
and may your thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!

Happy thanksgivings to all, and to all a great feast.

Author, Steve Beaudry

No comments: