Monday, May 01, 2006

My Travels



create your own personalized map of the USA

Recently, I came across an interesting site, "World 66." You can create a map showing the States you have visited. I decided to try that. I was amazed that, over the many years, I had visited so many. Maybe I'll make it a point to visit the rest, after all, I didn't miss many.

I first visited Oregon, then California as a teen, during Summer vacation back in 1953. For a Seattle kid, the constant sun was a glorious experience. Palm trees lined the streets and everyone lived mostly outdoors.

I went back there to live for a while, after I left the Air Force in 1960. During my Air Force days, I visited California, Texas, Oklahoma, New York, New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho and back to Washington, where I was raised, in the little town of Renton.

More on another occasion.

No comments: