Friday, September 01, 2006

Planning & Zoning

For those that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, I was recently asked by the Kootenai County Planning Dept. to conduct a "Meeting in a Box." This essentially, is a small group, 10-20 people in a forum, from which opinions about future growth will be discussed.

This is especially noteworthy, since I don't think I've ever heard of Government doing this before. That tends to make Kootenai County the for-front of citizen participation. My specialty, it turns out, is to gather up those ornrey Bloggers, corral them in one room, and ask them to put up or shut up...

I have accepted this challenge, and I hope that you do too. All Kootenai County, Idaho Bloggers, Blurkers, and ner' do well's are invite to this citizen input group. Who knows, a County official may show up to show you that they care...

This meeting will be held in the Kootenai County Administration Building. Lower level parking adjacent to the drivers licence office, and humorously, next to Planning and Zoning. Straight down the hall to the end, in meeting room A-1.

The date, September 13, Wednesday, 6:00 PM. Several very interesting people have committed to attend. If you want to get up off your dead *** and be counted, this is your chance.

The meeting room was graciously offered by County Clerk Dan English, who will be our host.

I ran into County Commisioner, Rick Currie and his lovely wife at the Captain's Wheel in Bayview the other night. I remarked that we would be holding this meeting, and when...

When he was about to leave, I suddenly had a thought. I walked up to him and exclaimed, wait a minute...If we do this, how can we complain about everything you do, if we become part of the process...He grinned, and said, now you are catching on.

A big cheer for the only incombent Commissioner, and a pretty nice Guy.

In an era that has spawned many politicians, with varied agendas, it is very refreshing to meet a guy who just wants to "Git er done".

1 comment:

Mike Kennedy said...

Herb,

Don't know if you got my email but I'm cross-scheduled that night. I hope to be able to come in a little late - this is important. Thanks for your work in bringing it together.

Regards,

Mike