Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Promised Land

I have been fighting Internet Explorer for over a week. First I down loaded, as instructed, IE version 7. They called it Beta 7. Now I know what beta means. "Experimental."

I couldn't stay on line more than a few minutes, without the system going into "program Not responding." They didn't respond...I did!

After switching between version 6 and 7, I finally gave up. Suddenly, from the hinterlands, a voice appeared. They were friends, there to help. There was Adam, and a lady,(sorry I didn't get your name) from the contractor that services Time-Warner, late at night.

Then there was Backwoods Bob, Bill McCrory, and Tyskoduk. They all stepped up to help me in my fathomless ignorance of what happens when your computer has a mind of it's own.

Finally, I sucked it up and typed in: http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/. An amazing thing happened. When I down loaded Firefox, they brought my cookies, favorites, and all other stuff that had been saved on other programs.

I am now not, as you can see, locked out of Blogger.com. I am free to cast aspersions upon the character of the bad guys, praise the good ones, rake muck to my hearts content, and of course, send forth unsolicited opinions on many various topics.

I have reached at least one, of the promised lands. (The next might be tougher)

Thank you all for being there for me and Merry Christmas to all...

3 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

Ah, Herb! I didn't know you were still a slave to Internet Explorer. I switched over to Firefox a few years back and have never regretted it. Things should run much more smoothly for you now!

Mommy Dearest said...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Herb. We're enjoying the holiday karaoke. Thanks again!

Bay Views said...

A merry Christmas to you too. I'm glad you enjoyed the cd-g's