Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Governor Replies

C.L "Butch" Otter
Governor
June 25, 2007


Herb Huseland
XXXXX XXXXXX Rd
Bayview, Id 83803

Dear Herb,

Thank you for contacting me about Kendra Goodrick. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

A member of my staff has been in contact with Olivia Craven, executive director of the Commission of Pardons and Parole, and Kevin Kempf, Community Corrections chief at the Idaho Department of Correction. about this case. Unfortunately, Ms. Goodrick's case is under the jurisdiction of the court. As governor, it would be inappropriate for me to get involved in individual court cases.

I encourage Ms. Goodrick to seek qualified legal representation as she goes through this process.

Once again, thank you for voicing your concerns. Please don't hesitate to contact my office with any other questions pertaining to state government issues.

As alsways_- Idaho, "Esto Perpetua"

C>L> "Butch Otter
Governor of Idaho


I received this letter today. Either the Gov is confused, or I am. I thought that the issue was that the courts no longer have jurisdiction. Now the Governor is saying he can't or won't act while the issue is in thre courts. Can anyone tell me what is real here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like horse-hockey, to me.