Friday, January 02, 2009

In The Spokesman-Review January 31, 2005


Monday, January 31, 2005
In The Spokesman-Review today
U.S. Fish & Wildlife coordinator, Ed Bangs in an interview. "You can classify Wolves as anything you want but predators"...Duh? How about wildlife disposal units?...

An excited Iraqi after voting yesterday...Hamid Azazi, 57 said, "Even if I was dead, I would still participate!"...Hamid, are you sure you don't live in Seattle?

These were the first posts of my blog in 2005. Since then, I have posted 562 times, not counting today with a visit total so far of 43,414 curious folks.That's a lot of words, but then nobody has ever accused me of being speechless. As I gaze out my window, I am astonished at the beauty of the snowy trees backed by the gray waters of Scenic Bay. I am also damn tired of walking. My one day of freedom was spoiled by the rain turning back to snow. My car is buried again.

Wow! Three years of blogging, blurking and generally making a nuisance out of myself. Out of that, came the opportunity to write for the Spokesman-Review, which has substantially diminished with budget cuts, and the River Journal, out of Clark Fork. I sometimes wonder what is next on this roller coaster ride. speaking of roller coasters, there is a good chance that I will return to Silverwood this spring. When I'd, since employees cannot associate with the press, either have to stop associating with myself, or simply not write about the park at all, which is probably what I'll end up doing.

As far as the weather goes, I think I'll just stay in bed until spring. Well ... I am within walking distance of the Captain's Wheel, so I won't entirely go without sustenance.

PS: Bob & Debra from next door, took pity on me and shoveled out my car. This time I/m leaving it at the wheel until the weather or I, break, which ever happens first.

No comments: