Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm B a a a a ck!

I had a little disagreement with a trojan Horse virus last week. Thankfully, I'd already submitted my September column to the Spokesman-Review. I'm back up as of two hours ago. I'm missing some programs, as the operating system had to be reloaded. The tech backed up my files, crammed a new windows XP into the computer, then downloaded my files. Fortunately, all of my pictures, around 1500 in all and everything I've written for the last three years for publication is intact. I don't have sound though. for some reason when I opened an e-mail that needed sound, the computer went to windows media. It gave me an error message informing me that I didn't have sound installed. I guess I'll have to call my tech buddies for help again.

Wrapping up local news, the Buttonhook has closed for the season. A little early this year, but business was way down and Steve, the chef bailed out. He is now working for a restaurant ajacent to a golf course in Priest River. Steve survived several owners for the last several years.

The issue of the no wake zone may have been stalled or blocked. Chuck Waller, Gary MacDonald and a crowd of about 50 people crowed into a meeting room at the Kootenai county Administration building Monday, where the county commissioners were meeting in joint session with the Kootenai County Parks & Waterways Advisory Board. Parks and waterways seem to think that they represent all of Idaho and Spokane, Washington, too. I guess their boss needs to take a class in civics. Anyway, Chuck Waller informed me that a committee is being formed to include P & W as well as Bayview Chamber of Commerce members. Hopefully, the county will see the light.

Be aware that the No Wake Zone web site is still up. It can be accessed at: http://www.nowake.us/ Add your letters to the site and send them to the county commissioners, too. They work for us, not the other way around.

No comments: