Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I found Out Why I've Been Grumpy Lately

I found out Today why I've been so grumpy lately. I have pneumonia. Coughing and hacking all night I finally went to the Doctor. Sitting in the waiting room was proof enough. 102 temperature and a questionable x-ray was proof enough.

My VA clinic is in Sand Point. After getting jabbed in the butt with some sort of huge needle, I was sent to Safeway where they have a charge account.One bottle of pills was around $7.00. The other, was full of horse pills and cost $85.00. They were free to me, except for one thing.

The druggist told me the prescriptions would be ready in 15 minutes. This having been my second trip to Safeway for prescriptions, I knew the gig. You can spend a lot of money in 15 minutes. Oh well, KI barreled out of there with my pills and two bags of groceries.

on the way home I was weaving a bit, my concentration shot. Other motorists must have though I was drunk. With all of the cell phones out there, I suspect the cops are still looking for me. But I made it home OK. The Doc said that if I wasn't feeling better by tomorrow he might have to hospitalize me.  That doesn't sound like fun at all.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Hope you start to feel better soon Herb, hospital stays are no fun at all....