Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tom Hearn For School Board

Tom HearnThis is my endorsement for good education. (Herb Huseland)He has skin in the game as well.

"I support safe, dynamic, 21st Century classrooms to best ensure a successful, productive, job-ready future for our children. Sound decision-making, good citizenship, personal responsibility and financial independence are all products of a quality education system. By supporting our children, our teachers, and support staff, we support quality of life for every citizen of Coeur d'Alene."
Tom Hearn

I have spent my whole professional life advocating for the care and safety of children and their families. If elected, I will continue to be an active and positive voice on behalf of the children of the school district. I will also support our teachers so they can continue to provide the best possible education for our children.

I believe strongly in fiscal responsibility. I am the owner of a successful private mental health clinic in Coeur d'Alene and know what it takes to manage a business. I have worked in this area since 1986 and have never been bankrupt or had any type of significant financial problems, including tax liens against my business.

I believe in research-based, forward-thinking education policy. While I obviously support teaching the core curriculum requirements, we also need to support innovation and the latest research-based programs. We need to support our teachers and administrators in their efforts to use the best teaching tools available. With continued hard work, we can make the Coeur d'Alene School District a world class school district.

To provide the best education for our children, we need effective communication between the school board, educators, and the citizens of Coeur d'Alene. During my 35 years in the mental health field, I have been appointed to State boards by both Democratic and Republican governors. I served as Chairperson in both instances. My experience has allowed me to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds, and I know how to encourage communication and respect between people with differing interests and concerns.

I believe that the school board needs to remain a non-partisan elected body concerned only with providing a quality education to the students of Coeur d'Alene. I am and will continue to be non-partisan in my approach to the concerns and responsibilities of the Coeur d'Alene School Board. I have no agenda in this election and truly just want to help our students and education professionals.

Please contact me if you have any questions about my candidacy. I can be reached by email, by postal mail, or on Facebook. Thank you for your support.
Vote May 21st

No comments: