Sunday, October 06, 2013

Conflicts

Friendship is a precarious  place, always. When one faces the necessity to contradict that friend, it is even worse. Last week, I blasted an article that was written about the Diamond Cup by my friend, Jeff Selle. In that story, and in subsequent conversations with his editor, Mike Patrick, I determined that it was primarily Doug Miller's  reluctance to return calls that spurred the  dialog.

It wasn't the attack against Miller that stirred me,. it was when it turned into a diatribe against the race and it's future that did.

Nowhere in the dialogue or lack thereof, was there any objective referrence about what went down and how to fix it. I regret that I felt it necessary to defend what appeared to me as a position that very well could have doomed fund raising attempts in future years.

No comments: