Friday, October 18, 2013

Widmyer For Mayor


As a resident of Bayview, I can't vote in the Coeur d'Alene elections. It's really a pity, since the city also represents the county seat and the center of most activities in Kootenai County.

In the past I have remained quiet about municipal elections held in areas I don't live in. Then it occurred to me that many of the radical rightists that oppose Widmyer live in Post Falls and just drop in to agitate in Coeur d'Alene from time to time.

My heart favors Copeland for council, that spunky young lady that wants to get further involved in her community. Unfortunately, she is running against a popular incumbent.

One thing that jumps out at me is this political freak Adams that somehow flummoxed the electorate into electing him to a position of responsibility. He claims that it is downtown business interests that are backing Widmyer and others.

First, as a conservative, if in fact that is what he is, (questionable) he should applaud the business interests stand since pro-business is a Republican core principle. So what is left that we can label him as? I suspect he is more an anti-government loner that just hangs out with hate groups. Not racial hate, though I have no knowledge one way or the other on that, but just plain hate everything groups.

There are a few in every generation that does not believe in any form of government or regulations. That is their right. They shouldn't however,  be trusted with public office that they opposes on principle. I can only hope that my neighbors to the south show more sense this time around. Anarchists we do not need.

No comments: