Thursday, January 23, 2014

TIME-WARNER RIPOFF

I have Time-Warner Cable for TV, Internet and Phone. When I signed up[ they put me in a package that allows me access to all channels from 2-150 with a couple of exceptions.

Getting 150 channels sounds like a lot, and it would be if in fact you got 150 channels. I decided recently to count the duplications and voids in that 150. Would you believe that of that number, 43 are vacant. Well, not exactly vacant, but duplicates.

For example, Fox news is on channels 54-55-56-57-58-59-60-61. Rather than providing 150 channels, they just fill in the blanks with duplications. 43 such channels exist in this package. If this isn't misrepresentation then what is?

What is worse, is that I get all of the sports channels except ESPNU and the NFL channel. I would be satisfied if they included them and left a couple fewer duplications.

Bottom line, the 150 channel package is actually 107.  Bah Humbug!

No comments: